Monday, October 10, 2016

Still just waiting

Yeah, I still have no idea what has been making me so sick. I am just waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting ...

It has been almost 2 weeks now since the colonoscopy and my regular doctor still hasn't given me any ideas. After trying to get a call back all last week, I finally got a call from his Medical Assistant on Thursday afternoon telling me the reason he hadn't called was because he still didn't have the results from the gastroenterologist. I managed to stay polite on the phone, but there was steam coming out of my ears for sure. I immediately called the exam center and had them re-send the results. I even gave them the fax number and made sure they had the correct doctor to send it to.

Well, it is now Monday night and still no word. I guess I'm just not a priority.

According to the paperwork they gave me when I left the exam center, the colonoscopy found nothing wrong. I have no idea how that jives with the CT scan results. The pain isn't as bad since they flushed my system like a roto-rooter, which tells me it had to be something colon-related, but I'm hardly an expert. I only have vague ideas of what organs and such are placed where. I know they're all kind of squished in there with everything overlapping and oozing together. That said, the pain is still there, even if it's not as bad. Something has to be wrong, but so far we're just weeding things out. I just want to know what we do next.

I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I took it upon myself to make an appointment with my OB/GYN. The CT scan showed fibroid tumors and calcified cysts. Considering my family history - my mom went in to the ER with what they thought was a bad appendix and ended up having an ovary removed instead because a cyst had ruptured - I want to make sure it isn't something going really wrong with my useless reproductive organs. I know that pain can kind of echo through the body and I want to cover all bases.

But I'm still waiting. I see my psychiatrist, Dr. Nielsen, tomorrow and he'll be getting an earful of angst, depression, borderline suicidal tendencies, and basically just wanting to break things. Then I see my OB, Dr. Welsh, on Wednesday. Hopefully at some point in there I will hear from my primary physician. I can't handle the waiting any more. I feel like I'm in some kind of pain-filled limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment